Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What a difference a few years makes

It feels like Moorland Lane was a lifetime ago, and in many ways it was.

Before moving into the little brick box on Moorland Lane, I jokingly asked my sister-in-law if maybe the house had bad ju-ju's.  She didn't answer me and I brushed it off.

Even though Tom and I tried to pretty it up, I always felt like the house had dark corners that no amount of sunlight or well placed lamps could lighten up.  Despite our best efforts to tame back the hedges and clean up, the house remained dark on the brightest of sunny days.


The little brick box is no longer here.  Sandy Spring Builders knocked it down - thank goodness.  They built a huge, but very pretty, house in it's place.  And really, it was about time.

Maybe the old brick box had bad ju-ju's afterall.

What is there now is shiny and new.  It's a happy looking house from the outside and I hope the inside is just has happy.


Here is is in in progress, captured from google maps street view:



I wish the new owners many, many years of joy and good memories on Moorland Lane.

1 comment:

Champagne on Tuesdays said...

How did I not know about your blog?

And my best wishes, too, for the M. Lane folks. And you. :)