Thursday, January 4, 2007

Would you like cream with your coffee?

After our first night in the house, and finally back in our wonderful bed, I woke up early to take the beasts for their morning pre-feed walk. This is our first activity in the morning. We're all usually awake but not at our quickest.

I nearly got creamed by our next door neighbor and her Volvo SUV. Man was she in a hurry to leave. I barely had time to jump back, though I did feel her side mirror brush my sweatshirt. All I can say is this: Thank God our beasts were more interested in the recycling bin than in stepping out of the driveway.

People get used to driving patterns, and I'm no exception. If one of our neighbors has guests and a car is parked in a most unexpected spot, I'm always caught by surprise. Our next door neighbor is probably so used to ignoring the little brick box on Moorland Lane.

The Little Brick Box, AKA our new home, is set back off the street, with overgrown bushes and a ginormous tree in the front yard. From most of the street, the only visible indication of a residence is a driveway. And even that is hidden between two retaining walls.

*sigh*

Another project for the house: Making it more visible.

No comments: