Monday, December 18, 2006

Paper Trails


There is wall paper all over the house. It's on the ceilings. It's on the walls. The only place it isn't is the floor. It. Is. All. Over. The. House.

I hate wallpaper.

Mom Jane? What were you on? As much as we rib you about it, this really is the more interesting of the papering in the house. The rest is just, well, paper. At least this has character.


So I put my parents to work. Armed with his fabric softener solution, spray bottle, and trusty scraper, Digits Chow, pictured above, waged battle against the papering in the master bedroom.





After three days of scraping, spraying, and scraping some more, we have won the battle. It looks pretty good, eh?

Next up? Prime time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"There is wall paper all over the house. It's on the ceilings. It's on the walls. The only place it isn't is the floor. It. Is. All. Over. The. House.

I hate wallpaper."

Had to laugh at this. I'm going through the same thing. I'm ripping out my old wallboard and putting up new drywall now. No insulation at all inside those walls.

BTW - I'm in the second house off Hunt Pky.

MrsCarley said...

John- it's been a few years. How did your project go?